Our advisers are there to help you make an informed decision and will tell you straight away if equity release isn’t the right option for you.
Is it right for you?
Some points for you to consider before you take out an equity release plan:
- Releasing equity from your home is a lifetime commitment, and is only expected to be repaid when your home is sold, usually when you and your partner pass away or move into long term care. If you do decide to pay back early, early repayment charges may apply.
- Equity release may affect your entitlement to state benefits and could affect your tax position. Our expert equity release advisers can find out what effect, if any, it would have to help you find the best solution for you.
- All equity release plans will reduce the value of your estate.
- We advise that you involve your family throughout the whole process so you can discuss your plans with them. We encourage you to invite your family members to attend your free no-obligation consultation, as an opportunity for them to ask any questions that they may have.
- You should consider all of the alternatives before making a decision.
- At Key we recommend plans which come with a number of guarantees to ensure your financial safety. This means that you will never fall into negative equity, are able to stay in your home for life and move to another property (subject to provider criteria).
- Think carefully before securing other debts against your home.
- Lifetime mortgages accrue compound interest and the amount you owe can grow quite quickly. Our equity release advisers can help you understand how it works before you make any decision.
- At Key we offer a full advice and recommendation service to ensure you get the best plan possible. Unless you decide to go ahead, our service is completely free of charge, as our typical advice fee of 1.65% of the amount released would only be payable on completion of a plan.
Popular tools and services
Transfer of equity re-mortgage
Lee Staniford our contact was excellent and gave us a first class service. He was precise, listened to what we wanted, kept all promises and...
7 hours ago-
We found that the package was explained in a clear and concise way with the good and some not so good points explained. The range...
15 hours ago-
I thought that the application would be stressfull but how wrong I was, the representative put me and my wife at ease and talked us...
1 day ago-
This is an equity release plan. To understand the features and risks ask for a personalised illustration.
If you are considering equity release we recommend that you read through is it right for you? carefully.