Making a Will and LPA
By knowing you’re prepared for the future, you can live life to the full today. But sadly statistics show that only 18%* of adults have spoken to someone about their dying wishes – leaving most loved ones with agonising decisions surrounding the end of life care of their nearest and dearest.
Documenting your future wishes is an important way of safeguarding yourself and loved ones by clearly expressing how you would like your personal affairs and assets to be dealt with. Therefore, it's essential that you have confidence in the quality and security of the Will and LPA you have.
How to make a Will and LPA
You could make a Will and LPA yourself for a low fee, either online or using a form bought from a stationery shop.
Beware - The risks of Do-It-Yourself plans
- Any misleading or ambiguous wording could cause confusion and may even make your documents invalid
- There are standard Will writing rules which need to be adhered to
- You may overlook certain points and leave out vital instructions about your estate
- If you make a mistake it could be problematic for your loved ones to sort out after you've passed away
- There is no legal protection against any errors you make
A qualified estate planner is not just a document preparation service, but a trusted expert. They can advise you on the best way to protect your family, and preserve and distribute your assets in the manner you choose. At Key, our estate planners are all certified members of The Society of Will Writers, which means they are specially qualified to record your requirements.
Key's estate planning service offers
- No hassle – your estate planner will handle everything over the phone, so you can stay in the comfort of your own home
- No pressure to proceed – if you do decide to go ahead you’ll be guided through the process at your own pace
- Dedicated and experienced specialist help – you will deal with your own, fully trained estate planner.
- In safe hands – we’ve already helped over 55,000 people to arrange their Wills and LPAs
- Highest level of service – our customers have rated Key as ‘Excellent’ with a score of 9.8/10 across all of our services on independent review site Trustpilot (as at Mar 2017)
- Prompt service – we’ll aim to issue your documents as soon as possible
- No nasty surprises – all of our prices are fixed, so you’ll know what you are going to pay
- Everything explained in plain English – we understand the jargon so you don’t have to
- Unlimited after sales care – if you need any further help we are always only a phone call away
- Security - we offer a document security service
It may cost more to have a professional make your Will and LPA. But the consequences of an improperly drafted plan can be far more expensive in the long run. Isn’t peace of mind worth the extra cost?
These pages give a general overview of the issues surrounding estate planning and are based on our understanding of the current law and tax regulation in England and Wales, which may be subject to change.